Frozen Hot Chocolate
Have you ever had a drink that’s cold but hot at the same time? Neither had we until we learned that frozen hot chocolate is a thing. Not only is it a thing – it’s a very enjoyable one, and we can make it together!
Frozen hot chocolate can be the ideal complement for any 4th of July Party celebration or any Summer occasion. If you're like us and love chocolate in all of its forms, this drink may become one of your favorites. Creative and different to what we’re used to, frozen hot chocolate is easy to prepare.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients:
· 3 cups of ice
· 2 tbsp. Seven Spices Hot Chocolate Mix
· Your favorite Chocotenango bar
· 1.5 tbsp. of Sugar
· 1.5 cups of Milk
The beauty of chocolate is that there are a thousand and one ways to prepare it. These are some recommended guidelines to get you started. This drink can easily be customized to your tastes and preferences. Less milk and sugar, more chocolate, less ice… you can play around with it until you find the perfect mix!
There’s no guideline for what chocolate you can use, so feel free to experiment with any of the Chocotenango flavors (or combine them!). All of them will bring organic, Caribbean flavor to your drink.
Alright, let’s get you set up with an amazing chocolate drink. Just follow these instructions:
· Melt the chocolate. Since we’re talking about a single chocolate bar, the microwave should do the trick. Make sure to use a microwave-safe dish. Run it for one minute approximately, or until the chocolate is melted.
· Add the cocoa powder along with the sugar and half of the milk to the melted chocolate to make the mixture. Start whisking immediately at a somewhat fast pace. You want those ingredients to blend while the chocolate is still hot. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
· Place your ice in the blender along with the remaining milk. Start blending with a high setting until it becomes a mushy liquid.
· Serve and enjoy!
As said before, this drink can be played around with. Find new things to make this drink even better, and enjoy the summer and the Independence Day celebrations!